Recipe for Lemon Ginger Thumbprints
If ginger jam is difficult to find in your area, it’s easy to make at home using the directions inside the pectin package. I would be happy to post my recipe on the Desserts Forum if any of you are interested. Alternately, it can be ordered online from Amazon (see link at the bottom of this article).
About 5 dozen cookies
2 cups butter (no subs)
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
Zest of 1 lemon
4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup ginger jam or preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and salt; mix well.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls of dough, roll them into a ball, and place on parchment-lined baking sheets 1" apart.
- Make a deep indentation in the middle of each of the balls either with a thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Fill each indentation with jam.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly on cooling racks and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 58
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 4% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 83 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
If Ginger Preserves are difficult to find, they can be ordered from Amazon:
Duerr's Ginger Preserves 16oz
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.