Puchasing a Bible Book Cover
If I'm taking only my Bible some place, I prefer to just carry it as it is,without a cover, but when I go to a Bible study class, I need, not only my Bible, but an assortment of materials.
- My Bible. I use a large print study Bible. It is easy to read quickly and has great study notes but is large and very heavy.
- Bible study book: I usually have a small booklet of whatever study the class is doing.
- Notebook. A small ring-top notebook for, of course, taking notes and for making note of the names of all the others in the class.
- Pens. I usually take two, one to use and one to share.
- Colored pencil. I use this to highlight favorite Bible passages.
- A pack of small sticky notes I like the ones that are about 2 inches square to use as page markers. They stay where they are put and are easy to peel off of even the most delicate pages.
- Index cards. I use these to write down memory verses and prayer requests.
- Pocket sized package of tissues. I'm always prepared.
So, as you can see, I take a lot of stuff and I don't want to have to gather it all before each class. I need a Bible cover that will easily store all of it.
- I look for a sturdy design, with strong stitching and a heavy-duty zipper that glides easily.
- The cover must be made of a leather or strong vinyl, hold up to years of wear and tear and must be easy to keep clean.
- My Bible cover has to have at least two nice sized pockets to hold all the extras.
- Since I use a large Bible, I look for a cover with an extra large pocket for it, making sure that it is more than large enough to accommodate.
- I look for something with a strong handle that is firmly attached. I don't want to discover one end has become detached while I'm on my way to class. Since my Bible and all my stuff is heavy, I want a handle that fits my hand comfortably.
I had no idea that a Bible cover was such a personal accessory until my own shopping excursion. May I suggest that if you find yourself shopping for a Bible cover for someone else, take the time to find out about their particular needs. Pick the perfect match in a Bible cover and your gift is sure to be a hit.
You Should Also Read:
Book Review - Finding Favor With the King
Book Review - Protecting Your Teen From Today's Witchcraft
Book Review- The Da Vinci Code Breaker
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.