Blogging by Email With The Mail-to-Blogger Feature
|One of the nice features of BloggerTM is that you can post an entry to your blog just by sending an email message. The only thing that you need to do in order to use this Mail-to-Blogger feature is to create a secret email address especially for this purpose. It needs to be a secret email address so that only you can post to your blog via email. Once you have done this, emailing a blog entry is as simple as sending any other email message. Log in to your Blogger account and let’s create that secret email address.|
That's all there is to it. You are now ready to post entries to your blog via email. Just remember a few things when composing the email blog message.
- From the menu at the top of the page, click on the Settings tab and then click on Email.
- BlogSend Address. If you wish to have your blog entry automatically emailed back to you, enter your regular email address in the BlogSend Address box.
- Mail-to-Blogger Address. The code for this secret email address is just like the code for any email address. For example, your email address that you use on your website might be made up from your name and the name of your website.
But for this secret email address, the @YourWebSite.com is replaced with @blogger.com and your name is replaced with the username you created for your Blogger account.
The missing part of the email address (????) is the only part that you need to add. As mentioned above, you will want this email address to remain a secret. Therefore, you will want to use something that others will not be able to guess. Type your secret code into the box. It must have at least four characters.
- You have the choice to publish your emailed blog entry automatically when you send the email message or it can be saved as a draft. If you choose the second, you will need to log in to your account and publish the entry manually. Let's put a checkmark in the box next to Publish in order to have all emailled entries automatically published to your blog.
- Click Save Settings to save the changes to your account.
- The text in the Subject line of the email message will become the title of your blog entry.
- The text in the body of the email message will become the blog entry. If your email program adds extra text or advertisements to the end of your messages, you will not want that to be included in your blog entry. To prevent this, place #end at the end of your blog text.
Screen shots reprinted by permission from Google Inc. GoogleTM, BloggerTM and BlogSpotTM are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Google Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact