Product Review - The Twistii - Updo Maker
The instructions came with it and were short and easy to understand.
My hair isn’t long at the moment so a tried it on a three models.
The first model is eight years old and has long, fine hair that is not very thick. It was not curled and had no styling product on it.
- I brushed all of her hair to the back and up as if I were putting in a ponytail.
- Then I, with some difficulty, put the ponytail between the plastic and the elastic band.
- Holding the Twistii vertically, I pulled her hair toward the top.
- Then I started turning the apparatus over and over, twisting the hair into a roll similar to a French roll.
- When the hair was ‘rolled’ firmly, I held it with one hand and slid the plastic stick down through the hair and piercing the plastic in two places.
- It held the hair firmly.
Since my subject’s hair was fine and fairly thin, the Twistii could be easily seen, however, with its transparent design, it was not extremely obvious. Since this model is young, she could not do this on her own.
I tried the Twistii on a second model. She is eleven years old and has hair that is of medium texture and thicker than the first model. Her hair is straight and had no styling product on it.
- I performed the same steps.
- With the heavier hair, I had to go through the steps twice to get a nice look.
- I did not use hairspray or any other apparatus to hold the hair in place.
- The twist held firmly for about two hours before some strands started to slide out of the twist. The main part of the roll stayed in.
I could still see the Twistii at the bottom on the twist, but, since it is of clear plastic, it was not extremely noticeable. It would take this model a few trials to learn to successfully use the Twistii by herself.
As a last test I used it on an adult. Her hair is fine, with a little bit of curl on the ends and some hair spray on it, giving it more texture.
- The Twistii went easily into her thick fine hair.
- The Twistii was well covered.
- After, I showed her how it was done, my subject created the roll herself with only one unsuccessful practice run.
My conclusion is that, with some preparation, such as curling with hot rollers and spraying the hair with hairspray, the Twistii would be very successful for creating a quick and easy updo style.
Read an interview with the creator of Twistii.
Twistii - The Up Do Tool
Find more information at the Twistii website.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Ion Hairdryer - Review
French Twist and Half Updo Created With the Twistii
Ceramic Curling Iron - Review
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.