Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Two-Dip Party Nachos recipe
Tired of serving the same old fattening cheesy nachos at your parties? Searching for a healthier yet tasty alternative? I've created these 2 amazing party dips to top your nachos with. You'll impress your guests without expanding their waistlines!
*Clean Nacho Chips Recipe:*
2 dozen corn tortillas
Grape Seed Oil
Cracked Sea Salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stack corn tortillas, 6 at a time, and cut into chip-size wedges, repeating with the rest of the tortilla chips until all 3 dozen have been cut. Place about 1/2 cup of Grape Seed Oil in a spritzer bottle.
2) Arrange cut tortilla chips on a cookie sheet, and lightly spritz with Grape Seed Oil. Sprinkle sea salt over chips, a few pinches at a time. You want to have very light coats of both Grape Seed oil and salt on top of the chips.
3) In several batches, bake the tortilla chips for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they become lightly golden brown and crunchy. Serve warm, or store in a tightly sealed container for two days.
*Nacho Dip #1: Clean Mexican Bean Dip*
2 cans low sodium, low fat (no lard) re-fried beans (I use Rosarita Re-fried Beans)
2 cans low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can low sodium white kidney beans (also known as canolini beans)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
1 tablespoon California dark chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground dried garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground oregano
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 small can diced green chilies (or more, if your family likes these)
1 large tomato, minced
1 small can diced olives
1 bunch of green onions, including white bulb, washed and chopped
1/2 cup each shredded sharp cheddar, jack, and goat (or panella) cheese
1/2 cup unflavored Greek yogurt
Clean Tortilla Chip Recipe, above
1) In a large sauce pan, add both cans of re-fried beans and 1/4 cup of the 1/2 cup of milk and stir over medium-low heat . Stir constantly to thin beans out and incorporate the milk without scorching bottom of pan.
2) After beans are smooth, add remaining 2 cans black beans and can of kidney beans. Slightly mash these, leaving some of the beans whole, and stir them all into the rest of the re-fried bean mixture. Stir well to incorporate. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of milk, and mix well.
3) Add sea salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper to the bean mixture. Stir well to incorporate seasonings and spices. Stir in green chiles, mixing well.
4) Remove beans from heat. Place beans into a large serving bowl. Top beans with cheeses, Greek yogurt, green onions, and tomatoes. Serve over freshly baked tortilla chips (recipe above). Enjoy!
*Nacho Dip #2: Shredded Beef Nacho Dip*
Left over pot roast, shredded
1 large can enchilada sauce (I use warm, but you can use mild)
jalapenos or green chilies (1/2 cup jalapenos, or 1 cup green chilies) (I use Hatch Green Chile's in the can)
1 cup hard sharp cheddar cheese, grated or shredded
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups diced tomatoes
Plain Greek yogurt
3 mashed ripe avocados, optional
Clean Tortilla Chip Recipe, above
1) Shred leftover pot roast and place it in a large skillet. Heat over medium heat until shredded beef starts to slightly brown. Add enchilada sauce, and stir well to incorporate the meat. Add the jalapenos or green chilies to the meat mixture. Stir well, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2) Layer some of the shredded beef meat mixture over a serving of Clean Tortilla Chips. Add some grated cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, and Greek Yogurt to the top of your nachos. Simply divine!
3) Hint: You can thicken up the meet sauce by using 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 1/8 cup water. Add the water/cornstarch mixture in before you add the jalapenos or green chilies in step number one, above. Stir until sauce is thickened to desired consistency, and then add the the peppers.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Kymberly A. Morgan. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kymberly A. Morgan. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kymberly A. Morgan for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.