Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Healthy Pancakes recipe
Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast choices on the weekends. This is a healthier pancake recipe full of fiber, healthy carbs, protein, and antioxidants thanks to the apple, egg, and cinnamon! It's so delicious, you'll want to make extra to freeze!
1 cup whole grain flour or coconut flour
2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 whole egg (or 2 egg whites)
1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
½ apple, peeled and shredded
1) Heat a non-stick griddle pan or skillet over medium heat. Pan is ready for pancake batter when a drop of water is thrown into pan, and it sizzles.
2) While pan is warming, mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
3) In a separate and larger mixing bowl, beat eggs for about a minute. Add Almond Milk, vanilla, and honey and mix well.
4) Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir with a large fork, incorporating all of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until batter has no flour lumps. Do not over mix.
5) Add shredded apple to batter and incorporate well.
6) When skillet is ready, pour ¼ to ½ cups of batter into pan to form pancakes. When pancake tops have formed several bubbles, flip pancakes over and cook for another minute or two, and remove. Repeat process until batter is used up.
Makes 6 to 8 pancakes, depending on the size.
***Please Note: Pancakes freeze well, but need to be wrapped in white freezer paper and sealed closed with freezer tape for best results. Wrap them in a second protective layer of foil, and then store in a Zip lock-style baggie in the freezer for up to 3 months.
1) No sugar added applesauce
2) Natural organic maple syrup
3) Greek yogurt with fresh fruit
4) Fresh fruit with a few crushed walnuts
5) Natural nut butters, 2 tablespoons, topped with fruit
6) Top with scrambled eggs/sausage/bacon; roll up for a portable breakfast!
7) Stewed fruits and shredded raw coconut with a few crumbled pecans
Content copyright © 2018 by Kymberly A. Morgan. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kymberly A. Morgan. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kymberly A. Morgan for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.