In a hurry? The microwave oven is a great tool to help the busiest of cooks. It’s even great for sweet treats such as this delicious Halloween Carmel Corn Mix. The caramel mixture can be made in 3-5 minutes in the microwave. The popcorn can also be popped in a matter of minutes. The only thing left to do is measure peanuts and Halloween candy and the treat is ready to serve.
Serve this yummy popcorn mix in the scariest bowl available along with as many other Halloween treats that time allows. The annual Halloween BOO-ffet table will be fabulous, and no one will guess that the Halloween Caramel Corn Mix takes so little time to make. This mix is also perfect for packaging in cute Halloween bags to give friends and neighbors. It keeps for a week or so if stored in an airtight container, although it may not last that long.
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup salted peanuts
4 cups Halloween candy, such as candy corn, mallow pumpkins, M&M's
- Place the brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and butter in a large microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high, stirring every minute or so, until it boils.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved; stir in the soda.
- While the mixture is cooking, mix the popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Mix the Halloween candy in a separate bowl.
- When the caramel mixture is done, pour over the popcorn/peanut mixture; stir until well-coated.
- Mix in the Halloween candy.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 63
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 30% Protein 4% Carb. 66%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 209 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 18 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Need a popcorn popper? You can purchase one from Amazon:
Presto 114316 04820 PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper
West Bend 82306X Stir Crazy 6-Quart Popcorn Popper
Nordic Ware 60120 Microwaver Popcorn Popper 12 Cup