Looking for a quick and easy Halloween Dessert? The classic combination of orange and chocolate come together in these quick and easy Chocolate Orange Halloween Puddings; traditional Halloween colors make them perfect to serve on your annual Halloween BOO-ffet table. Just six ingredients make it possible to prepare this pudding in about 20 minutes.
Since itís very simple with no actual cooking involved, children can make it by themselves (although itís a good idea for an adult to be around while the water is heating in the microwave).
Using a blender makes quick work of the pudding, however, the mixture can be prepared using a wire whisk if a blender isnít available. If using a blender, itís a snap to clean if a drop or two of dishwashing soap is added to the container along with some hot water immediately after emptying it; the container comes clean with little or no effort. To make the pudding a brighter orange color, add a few drops of orange food coloring Ė not necessary, but more appealing to kids.
Chocolate Orange Halloween Puddings
1 3 oz. package orange gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
4 cups milk
2 3 oz. packages instant vanilla pudding, (4 1/2 cup serving size)
Orange Food Coloring (optional)
24 fudge sandwich cookies (or substitute chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreo)
1 cup sweetened whipped cream ( real - not frozen whipped topping)
- Dissolve the orange gelatin in the boiling water and set aside.
- Pour the milk into a blender container; add the pudding mix and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides and blend for a second or two.
- Add the gelatin and blend 15-30 seconds; add food coloring if using and pulse the blender until mixed in.
- Immediately pour into a bowl and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, place the cookies in a Ziploc-type bag, seal, and crush with a rolling pin or similar object.
- Divide 1/3 of the cookie crumbs among 6 sundae dishes.
- Layer 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the cookie crumbs, dividing evenly among the six dishes.
- Repeat with another layer of crumbs and pudding.
- Top with the remaining crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time; this dessert can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- To serve, top with the sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 76
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 22% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 131 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 71% Calcium 0% Iron 1%