Sweet Party Mix Recipe
Sweet Party Mix is quick and easy: just mix cereals, coconut, and nuts; pour a three-ingredient syrup over, and stir. It takes only about 15 minutes to prepare and makes enough for a large party or gathering.
Although this easy dessert/snack can be made ahead and keeps well, it must be stored in a dry place in a container that isn’t completely sealed, since it will go sticky if it’s in an airtight container. If there’s a party planned, storage won’t be a problem, since there will be few, if any, leftovers. The recipe makes a large amount, so there will also be plenty to give away.
40 1-cup servings (10 quarts)
1 16 oz. package Golden Grahams cereal
1 16 oz. package Corn Chex cereal
14 ounces flaked coconut
1 pound sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups light corn syrup
2 cups sugar
- In a very large bowl or dishpan, mix the cereals, coconut, and almonds.
- Place the butter, corn syrup, and sugar in a large saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the mixture to a boil; uncover and boil 1 minute stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the cereal mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto a parchment covered baking sheets to dry, stirring occasionally.
- Store in a container that is not sealed (or it will go sticky).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 149
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 5% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 329 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 0% Iron 21%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.