Mixing scents for candles
Mixing Scents for candles
1 oz. of each essential oil
Dark colored bottles
6 to 8 fragrance strips
Small plates, saucers or petrie dishes
1. Select the type of essential oil you would like to mix with.
* Energizing or Revitalizing
* Relaxing, calming or meditative
* Romantic or sensual
2. Choose your fragrances to use for a base.
If you select a revitalizing blend, lemon can be used as a base.
A relaxing blend, you can use lavender for a base.
One sensual blend contains – Frankincense, Jasmine, Sandalwood and Ylang, ylang.
A relaxing blend contains - lavender and chamomile.
A revitalizing blend contains – lemon and eucalyptus.
3. Experiment with how much of each oil to use. The quality and strength of your selected oils will help decide the amount of each oil. Depending on what type of aromatherapy effect you are going for will help you decide how much of each oil you will use.
Hint: Use a small eyedropper for testing to accurately measure the amount of each essential oil to use in your blends. Always record how much of each oil you use for each specific blend so that you may recreate each blend consistently. Mixing in small amounts with the eyedropper will prevent you from wasting any oils and save you money. A high quality essential oil can be very expensive.
4. Mixing the oils.
Hint: If you are new to blending your own scents, begin by mixing only two or three oils at one time. Use one or two drops of each until you have the desired effect. If not then you will end up with a blend that does not give you an effective oil. As you gain more experience with mixing oils, you can decide what fragrances appeal to you. Add oils as you see fit with more experience..
5. After you have the scent you like add your fragrance to the hot wax before pouring into your new fragrance candle.
Safety Tip: Always consult a physician if you have any medical conditions before mixing your own scents. If you are pregnant or suffer from epileptic seizures especially.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Benito Lugo . All rights reserved.
This content was written by Benito Lugo . If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.