Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
List of Low Carb Snack Foods
Do you get hungry and want a small snack to tide you over. If you eat several times a day you can maintain a healthy blood sugar throughout the day.
Here is a list of low carb snack foods most of these are under 15g of carbs and shouldn't elevate your blood sugar. However, everyone is different so be sure to test if you are unsure.
1. String Cheese
2. Celery and carrots
3. Cucumber sticks
4. Apple slices
5. Pretzels sticks
6. Popcorn (Mini Bag)100 calorie bag
7. Half a peanut butter sandwich make sure to use whole grain bread
8. Some cubes of cheese & a couple of rye triscuits
9. Peanut M&M's (very high carb and high GI - use sparingly)
10. Baked apple with a little cool whip
11. Celery sticks with peanut butter(you can find them in the store)
12. Cheddar cheese & apple slices
13. Muenster & pear slices
14. Feta & tomatoes
15. Sunflower seeds in shell
16. Dried apricots (High carb & High GI - use sparingly)
17. Bananas, strawberries, grapes(High carb)try freezing them for a summer snack
18. Arrow root cookies(limit to 15 gr carb)
19. Steamed asparagus with a squeeze of lime juice
20. Grilled zucchini with a squeeze of lemon juice
21. Poached fish served on lettuce leaves
22. Tuna roll ups in whole wheat tortillas
23. Tossed salad
24. Crunchy peanut butter toast with 1/8c raisins & 1/2 t cinnamon
25. Crunchy peanut butter toast with sliced peaches
26. Crunchy peanut butter toast with bananas
27. Coffee with cinnamon as a drink
28. Sliced radishes with a touch of salt
29. Crystal Light iced tea
30. Frozen grapes, frozen strawberries or frozen bananas(High Carb)
31. Laura Scudders 'nothing-added-except-salt peanut butter'
32. Dole fruit cups that come in a 6 pack. Freeze them and it is just like eating sherbet(contain real sugar)
33. Low fat Lorraine Swiss cheese and low salt crackers
34. Salsas mixed with low fat sour cream in a blender and then dip celery, green peppers and carrots in it. You can bake tortilla chips too.
35. Sugar free Jell-O containers
36. Little cans or containers of lite fruit with low fat cottage cheese.
37. Add bouillon(I use onion) to plain yogurt and dip veggies in it.
38. Raw carrots dipped in either tahina or organic unsweetened peanut butter
39. Raw cauliflower pieces and (plain) hummus (for dipping).
40. HARD BOILED EGGS
41. DEVILED EGGS
42. EGG SALAD HEAPED ON WASA CRACKERS
43. TUNA SALAD HEAPED ON WASA CRACKERS
44. EGG OR TUNA OR CHICKEN SALAD WRAPPED UP IN BUTTER LETTUCE LEAVES
45. BLT ROLLED UP INSIDE A SLICE OF TURKEY BREAST
46. MEATBALLS (COLD)
47. COLD ROAST CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS OR WINGS
48. SLICED ROAST BEEF WRAPPED AROUND STRING CHEESE STICKS
49. BEEF JERKY, SLIM JIMS, OTHER CURED DRIED MEAT PRODUCTS
50. SUGAR FREE JELLO
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Cindy Kimura. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cindy Kimura. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cindy Kimura for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.