Microwave Pineapple Filling
Since it’s made in the microwave, it’s very quick, but if a microwave isn’t available, the ingredients can be mixed in a saucepan and stirred over medium heat on top of the stove; the stovetop filling turns out the same, but just takes longer.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups filling, enough to fill two 8-9” cake layers or enough for a 9 x 13” cake
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, including juice
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Mix the crushed pineapple with juice, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a microwaveable bowl.
- Stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Microwave 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Return to the microwave and cook on high until boiling, 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling.
- Let cool completely.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 28 Calories from Fat 0
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 1% Protein 2% Carb. 97%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.