Since school activities and parties are usually planned on Halloween to keep kids safe, trick or treaters are not as prevalent as they were years ago. It would be unthinkable, however, to skip the purchase of several bags of candy bars just in case; leftover candy bars are a common problem after the big night is over. Those itty-bitty candy bars do not contain an itty-bitty amount of fat and calories, so, rather than eat them ourselves, its better to use them in these delicious Peanut Butter Cookie Pops.
Peanut Butter Cookie Pops can also be made before the holiday and can be wrapped and tied with ribbon to be used as favors at parties, or displayed on the annual Halloween BOO-ffet table. Its a good idea to double or triple the recipe to make sure there are enough, since everyone will want to sample at least one. Kids love them because they are baked on a stick; adults love them because they taste good.
10 Giant Cookie Pops
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 Fun size candy Bars (Snickers, Almond Joy, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, or Mars)
10 wooden popsicle sticks or lollypop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cream the sugars, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Insert a stick into each candy bar.
- Shape 1/4 cup dough smoothly around each candy bar.
- Place the cookies at least 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 Minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes to firm up before transferring them to cooling racks.
Note: These cookies may be sprinkled with colored sugar before baking to make them festive for holidays, i.e., orange and black for Halloween; red and green for Christmas; yellow and purple for Easter, etc.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 166
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 7% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 302 mg
Total Carbohydrate 41 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%