Using Illustrator CS3 Live Trace to Create a Logo
Although the logo would only be one color, I wanted it to have some detail. So I decided to create a full color image in Illustrator and then experiment with the Live Trace feature to reduce the image to a single color logo. I used the Pen tool to draw the full color image. I drew basic shapes and then transformed them to my needs.
- I started by blocking out the face and neck with the Pen tool which was set to a flesh colored fill and no stroke color.
- I drew the mouth with a darker fill color and no stroke color.
- I added the white of the eye, the blue of the iris and the black pupil.
Now I switched to a black stoke color and no fill color for the Pen tool.
- I added the black curved line above the eye for the base of the lashes. The lashes were a good exercise in drawing curves.
- Going back to no stroke color and a brown fill color, I added the brow.
I copied all of this and reversed it for the other eye.
Copyright 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe, Photoshop, Photoshop Album, Photoshop Elements, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobat, Cue, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, Bridge, After Effects, InCopy, Dreamweaver, Flash, ActionScript, Fireworks, Contribute, Captivate, Flash Catalyst and Flash Paper is/are either [a] registered trademark[s] or a trademark[s] of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.