Object Along A Path In Flash CS3
A Motion Guide is a line that you will draw on the Flash stage. This line can go in any direction that you wish. Once you have drawn the Motion Guide and created the Guide layer, you will set up your object so that Flash can move it along the path.
- Start with a new Flash CS3 project.
- Set up the Oval Tool with no Stroke Color and a Fill Color of your choice. Now draw an oval on the stage. We will be using this as our animated object.
- Click on the oval with the Selection Tool. From the Menu Bar, click Modify, Convert to Symbol. In the Convert to Symbol dialog box, name the oval "my_dot" and keep the Movie Clip option. In the Properties Inspector, you will see that the oval is now a Movie Clip. Let's give the Movie Clip an Instance Name of "ani_dot".
- Rename the default Layer 1 to "my_dot_ani".
- Right-click on the my_dot_ani layer in the Layers list and choose Add Motion Guide. You will see a new layer named "Guide: my_dot_ani" has been added above our original layer. It already has a keyframe in Frame 1. This new layer is the special Motion Guide layer.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.