Repurposing Items for the Living Room
You probably have a couch and a chair or two in your living room. If wear and tear is taking its toll, get creative with your seating.
- Cover a worn but usable couch with a quilt or colorful sheet. Dig out unused bed pillows, cover them with decorative shams and use them as throw pillows.
- Bring the patio bench inside, freshen it up with a coat of paint, then soften it with a cushion and a throw pillow or two.
- Create a sturdy stool with a large, faux terracotta plant pot. Turn the pot upside down, then use heavy-duty glue to attach a small, round cushion for use as a seat.
Every living room needs a coffee table, and most have at least one end or accent table as well.
- Screw a pair of sawhorses to an old door, paint the whole thing a bright color, and you have a coffee table.
- Clean up an antique trunk for use as a coffee or side table.
- Set a circle of glass on top of a large, painted flowerpot and use it as a side table.
- Paint old wooden crates, screw two or three together side by side, and cover the top with a sheet of glass. Voila, a new coffee table!
- Pull out an unused nightstand from the bedroom and press it into service as a side table.
Corral the clutter in your living room in repurposed storage.
- An old armoire just needs a coat of paint on the outside, a lining of wallpaper on the inside, and it’s ready to hold videogames, books, craft supplies or magazines in the living room.
- Give old cabinets from the garage or kitchen new life in the living room. Paint them, add snazzy new hardware and use them to hold all your clutter.
- Old wooden crates make excellent storage bins for toys, video game supplies, craft supplies or books.
No need for expensive tchotchkes or artwork in the living room. Repurpose what you have.
- Frame old maps, children’s artwork or greeting cards, and create a collage above the couch.
- Display a collection of interesting mugs on your shelves. Use a few of them to hold small potted plants, faux flowers or interesting twigs or stems from the yard.
- Use an old ladder as a plant stand.
- Spray paint dated looking collectibles shiny gold or silver, then show them off on the mantel.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Cheap Ideas - Transform Your Home with Paint
Simple Ideas to Liven Up Your Decor
Learn DIY Skills to Decorate Your Home
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Michelle Ullman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Ullman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.