Recipe for Peppermint Chocolate Chippers
This is definitely a cookie to leave for Santa, who will devour them with either a glass of milk or a mug of hot chocolate. While they are best warm from the oven, the leftovers freeze well and can be made weeks ahead of the holiday season.
About 10 dozen small cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candies
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs; continue beating until light.
- With the motor running on low, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the peppermint candies and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on the baking sheets for 1 minute.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for a month or two.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 46
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 4% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 71 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.