Even for cooks short on time, itís possible to make festive holiday cookies. Thanks to the fact that M&Mís© candies come out each holiday in special colors, they can be added to regular chocolate chip cookies to create colorful holiday cookies that also taste good. Pictured are cookies suitable for Valentineís Day, but these delicious, easy cookies can also be made with M&Mís the colors of Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, and Christmas. These quick drop cookies start with the versatile Master Baking Mix, which can be made quickly and comes in three varieties that are interchangeable in recipes. While the official Hancock testers said they preferred these cookies made with the Basic Master Baking Mix, they devoured the cookies made with the other two mixes (which are healthier) and agreed they were just as good.
Of course, these cookies are best warm from the oven, but they can be stored up to one week in an airtight container or packed in freezer bags and frozen for 2-3 months. Theyíre good for non-holiday times of the year to fill up the cookie jar; just make them with regular M&Mís.
6 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups master baking mix
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups Holiday M & M's Candies
- Preheat oven to 350į.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the master baking mix until well-mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips, mix, and fold in the M&Ms candies.
- Scoop or drop tablespoon-size balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze for several months.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 78 Calories from Fat 37
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 4% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 71 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%