We're talking Pepper Poppers!
What are Pepper Poppers? They're peppers that are small enough to accessorize and 'pop' into your mouth. No biting. No cutting. No messy dishes and utensils; just plain ol' fun, one-bite, deals that fit into your mouth with one motion.
Whereas Pepper Poppers can cover the gamut on colors, shapes, flavors and the like, the idea is that they have to be able to be popped into your mouth at once. So you can make them sweet, spicy, savory, creamy, a combo deal or whatever your heart desires.
Here's a quick recipe you can use to make your very own Pepper Poppers.
bite size peppers
You can have whatever type you want from the very hot to the very sweet and mild.
This can be herbed cheese, veggie pate, sweetened cheese, olives, mushrooms, etc. You choose the flavors you want on your plate.
A piping bag.
A serving/presentation platter
Anything that is aesthetically pleasing to your eyes.
1 lb Dairy-free cheese
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh dill weed
1 tsp fresh mint
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp egg-less mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon/lime juice
Black Sesame Seeds
1. Wash, dry and roast your peppers over an open flame.
2. After the skin is charred and blackened place hot peppers in jar or plastic bag, seal and let steam.
3. Remove peppers from container and run under cold water, rubbing off charred skins.
4. Pat dry on towel and set aside ready for stuffing.
5. In a food processor combine the remaining ingredients, except for the black sesame seeds, and process on pulse until everything is incorporated to your liking. [keep in mind that you'll occasionally need to stop pulsing and scrape down the sides of the processor container.]
6. Put contents of processor into your piping bag and pipe into your peppers until full.
7. Dip pepper tops and bottoms into black sesame seeds and arrange on your serving/presentation platter.
After all is said and done... you're ready to eat! Have a blast eating this fun and creative snack and always remember that you can vary the stuffing in any way you please.
As always, it's been my pleasure sharing with you. Until next time...
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Follow me on Twitter
Check out PC TV for more ideas!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Jason Hodge. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Jason Hodge. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.