Guest Author - Jason Hodge
Peppers are great additions to your diet. They not only are packed full of nutrients like vitamins A and C they also help get your juices flowing while increasing your circulation. They can boost your immune system response on many occasions while helping to lower blood cholesterol and pressure. So why not have tasty fun with them and present them in ways that will not only tickle your taste buds, but also tantalize your eyes.
We're talking Pepper Poppers!
What are Pepper Poppers? They're peppers that are small enough to accessorize and 'pop' into your mouth. No biting. No cutting. No messy dishes and utensils; just plain ol' fun, one-bite, deals that fit into your mouth with one motion.
Whereas Pepper Poppers can cover the gamut on colors, shapes, flavors and the like, the idea is that they have to be able to be popped into your mouth at once. So you can make them sweet, spicy, savory, creamy, a combo deal or whatever your heart desires.
Here's a quick recipe you can use to make your very own Pepper Poppers.
bite size peppers
You can have whatever type you want from the very hot to the very sweet and mild.
This can be herbed cheese, veggie pate, sweetened cheese, olives, mushrooms, etc. You choose the flavors you want on your plate.
A piping bag.
A serving/presentation platter
Anything that is aesthetically pleasing to your eyes.
1 lb Dairy-free cheese
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh dill weed
1 tsp fresh mint
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp egg-less mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon/lime juice
Black Sesame Seeds
1. Wash, dry and roast your peppers over an open flame.
2. After the skin is charred and blackened place hot peppers in jar or plastic bag, seal and let steam.
3. Remove peppers from container and run under cold water, rubbing off charred skins.
4. Pat dry on towel and set aside ready for stuffing.
5. In a food processor combine the remaining ingredients, except for the black sesame seeds, and process on pulse until everything is incorporated to your liking. [keep in mind that you'll occasionally need to stop pulsing and scrape down the sides of the processor container.]
6. Put contents of processor into your piping bag and pipe into your peppers until full.
7. Dip pepper tops and bottoms into black sesame seeds and arrange on your serving/presentation platter.
After all is said and done... you're ready to eat! Have a blast eating this fun and creative snack and always remember that you can vary the stuffing in any way you please.
As always, it's been my pleasure sharing with you. Until next time...