Lettuce Wraps with Asian Orange Chicken
This recipe just bursts with flavor and has a healthy supply of colorful fruits and vegetables.
1/2 lb. ground chicken or turkey
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tsp. brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
7 drops red pepper sauce
2 oranges, washed, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. cilantro or Italian parsley leaves, chopped
1 head Iceberg lettuce, separated into lettuce cups
1. Spray a large skillet with a nonstick cooking spray
2. Sauté the chicken over medium heat, crumbling and cooking it until it is white with no pink showing
3. Pour the chicken into a dish, then just set it aside
4. Use the same skillet, but rinse it out and then once again spray with nonstick cooking spray
5. Sauté bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes
6. Add meat back into pan.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together and blend the lemon juice, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper sauce
8. Pour this into the pan and stir well to completely coat the chicken
9. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until sauce is absorbed, about 4 minutes
10. Stir in orange pieces and cilantro
Serve with lettuce cups.
Another great recipe is below.
Citrus Noodle Salad
8 ounces dried rice stick noodles
2 navel oranges, segmented
1 ruby grapefruit, segmented
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped roasted, salted peanuts
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Use a large pot of water, fill with water and bring to a boil
2. Add the noodles and cook until they are tender, about 3 minutes
3. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again
4. Transfer noodles to a large mixing bowl
5. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl until well mixed
6. Pour the dressing slowly over the noodles
7. Add the oranges and grapefruit, mint, and cilantro and toss until noodles are well covered with the dressing.
Shift the noodles to a serving platter and garnish with the peanuts.
If you need a source for the noodles, try Amazon Thai Wide Rice Stick Noodle -14 oz pack.
I like the way this dish looks in a Rachel Rey platter, Rachael Ray Stoneware Serving 9-3/4-by-15-3/4-Inch Oval Platter, available in several colors from Amazon.
This platter is great any day of the week. This colorful and uniquely designed oval platter is the perfect size for sharing your favorite dish
It comes in fun colors and coordinating shapes allow you to mix and match serveware with your favorite oven-to-table stoneware
I really like that it is dishwasher, microwave, freezer safe and oven safe to 500°F for convenience and versatility. The glazed interior is nonporous so foods won't interact. The wide, flared handles allow you to get a good grip from any angle.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Allyson Elizabeth D´Angelo for details.