Toffee Coconut Cashew Blondies
These delicious bars make a great addition to a holiday cookie tray or Halloween BOO-ffet; they’re always welcome at potluck dinners and picnics, and they can be made year round since the ingredients are always available. During football season, these Toffee Coconut Cashew Blondies will be devoured during stressful plays; there will be no leftovers. They can also be made a month or two ahead and frozen, right on the baking sheet; wrap thoroughly with plastic wrap, then overwrap with a layer of foil.
1 cup butter (no substitutes)
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup toffee baking bits (non-chocolate)
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 11 x 17" baking sheet with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl with the motor running on medium-high speed, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer motor running on low speed, add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips, toffee baking bits, and cashews.
- Spread the dough evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack and cut into 48 squares when cool.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 69
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 51% Protein 6% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 90 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.