Recipe for Mixed Nut Bars
Served on a holiday buffet table or as an addition to cookie trays, these fabulous cookies will be the first to go. They keep well for several weeks in an airtight container, so they can be made well ahead of the holidays.
Makes 96 small bars
2 1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
6 cups fancy mixed nuts (no peanuts)
1 cup honey
3/4 cup brown sugar
9 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter in the food processor. (alternately, use a mixer)
- Process until the mixture is the size of small peas.
- Mix in the egg.
- Spray a jelly-roll pan (17 x 11) with non-stick spray; line with parchment.
- Press the crust mixture into the pan and bake in the preheated oven 10-15 minutes, or until browned around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and spread the nuts evenly over the crust.
- Bring the honey and brown sugar to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the butter and whipping cream; let the mixture boil 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the nuts.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is caramelized and bubbling.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack, then cut into 96 squares (12 long-ways by 8 cross-ways).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 76
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 62% Protein 7% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 82 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.