Symphony Bar Fondue Recipe
This quick and easy 3-ingredient Symphony Bar Fondue is a favorite, and can be made in a matter of just a few minutes. Symphony bars contain almonds and toffee pieces, which add substance to the delicious fondue. For a different taste, try substituting Toblerone bars, which are also delicious.
A fondue pot with a candle works well for this chocolate fondue; make sure you stir often so that it doesn’t scorch.
This recipe is so easy that kids can make it; it’s so good, though, everyone will enjoy it. If making it with kids, be sure to use the flavored coffee syrup rather than liqueur.
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 6 ounce Hershey's Symphony Bars, broken into pieces
1 tablespoon almond flavored coffee syrup or almond liqueur
Pound cake, angel food cake, brownies, Rice Krispies Treats®, Strawberries, fresh pineapple, and bananas,
- Pour the whipping cream into a microwaveable bowl with the broken candy bars.
- Microwave 3 minutes on high.
- Remove from the microwave and let sit 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Add coffee syrup or liqueur.
- Meanwhile prepare the dippers by cutting the pound cake, angel food cake, brownies, and/or Rice Krispies Treats® into 3/4 inch squares; arrange the cut dippers on a large platter.
- Wash the strawberries and place them on a cloth towel to dry before arranging them on the platter.
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, and with a boning knife, cut down the center core, then around the pineapple just inside the rind to remove the fruit.
- Remove the core from the pieces of fruit and cut the pineapple into small slices; transfer to a bowl.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into 1/2” thick slices; mix them with the pineapple and arrange them both on the platter. (by tossing the bananas with the pineapple, the citric acid from the pineapple will prevent the bananas from turning brown.)
To serve, spear dippers with fondue forks and swirl in the fondue.
Amount Per Serving (fondue only)
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 222
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 60% Protein 6% Carb. 33%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 25 g 38%
Saturated Fat 12 g 61%
Cholesterol 31 mg 10%
Sodium 78 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 31 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 5%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
If you don’t have a chocolate fondue pot, one can be purchased from Amazon at the following links. Most of these are quite inexpensive, but are perfect for dessert fondues. My grandaughter received the Hershey's Kiss pot as a gift and was very excited; she and her friends use it often.
Hershey's Silver Kiss Dessert Fondue Maker
Trudeau Blossom Chocolate Fondue 11 Piece Set
Trudeau Sundial Chocolate Fondue 7 Piece Set
Blueberry Dipping Chocolate Fondue
Godinger "Siena" Fondue Set
Trudeau Ceramic Flower Blossom Chocolate Fondue
Chocolate Fondue Melting Pot With Forks
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.