Oscar 2012 winners
Let's get on with the winners, in case you haven't heard yet...
Best picture: â€œThe Artist.â€
Actress in a leading role: Meryl Streep, â€œIron Lady.â€
Actor in a leading role: Jean Dujardin, â€œThe Artist.â€
Actress in a supporting role: Octavia Spencer, â€œThe Help.â€
Actor in a supporting role: Christopher Plummer, â€œBeginners.â€
Directing: Michel Hazanavicius, â€œThe Artist.â€
Art direction: â€œHugo.â€
Costume design: â€œThe Artist.â€
Makeup: â€œThe Iron Lady.â€
Foreign language film: â€œA Separation,â€ Iran.
Film editing: â€œThe Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.â€
Sound editing: â€œHugo.â€
Sound mixing: â€œHugo.â€
Documentary feature: â€œUndefeated.â€
Animated feature film: â€œRango.â€
Visual effects: â€œHugo.â€
Original score: â€œThe Artist.â€
Original song: â€œMan or Muppetâ€ from â€œThe Muppets.â€
Adapted screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, â€œThe Descendants.â€
Original screenplay: Woody Allen, â€œMidnight in Paris.â€
Live action short film: â€œThe Shore.â€
Documentary (short subject): â€œSaving Face.â€
Animated short film: â€œThe Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.â€
So, what did you think? Did you pick the right winners before they were announced? Did you agree with who won? Did you love the show?
A few highlights I noticed:
* Jean Dujardin dropped an "F bomb" in French during his acceptance speech for Best Actor in "The Artist."
* J Lo revealed more about herself during a wardrobe malfunction than we were expecting.
* Sasha Baron dropped Kim Jong Il's ashes on the ground in front of Ryan Seacrest.
* Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy was the first Pakistani to win an Oscar for "Saving Face."
* Angelina Jolie showcased her long, sexy leg in her gorgeous black gown and was later mocked by one of the writers of "The Descendents."
* Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis added some humor and noise to the ceremony.
* Brad Pitt brought his parents to the awards ceremony.
* Billy Crystal wasn't the show's first choice for host. Brett Ratner was asked, but then was dropped for using a homosexual slur.
* Stacy Keibler wore a sleek gold gown that made her look like an Oscar being held by George Clooney.
Glitz, glamour, gowns...what's not to love?
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Trina Boice. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Trina Boice. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Trina Boice for details.