Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Oscar 2012 winners
I absolutely love to watch movies on the big screen, as well as veg in front of my TV or laptop. I'm one of those who love to watch all of the awards shows: the Oscars, the Emmy's, the Tony's, the Grammy's, etc. I imagine myself walking down the red carpet with all of the stars who my dad calls "the beautiful people." Did you see adorable Billy Crystal's opening at the Oscars this year? What a treasure he is to that awards show!
Let's get on with the winners, in case you haven't heard yet...
Best picture: “The Artist.”
Actress in a leading role: Meryl Streep, “Iron Lady.”
Actor in a leading role: Jean Dujardin, “The Artist.”
Actress in a supporting role: Octavia Spencer, “The Help.”
Actor in a supporting role: Christopher Plummer, “Beginners.”
Directing: Michel Hazanavicius, “The Artist.”
Art direction: “Hugo.”
Costume design: “The Artist.”
Makeup: “The Iron Lady.”
Foreign language film: “A Separation,” Iran.
Film editing: “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
Sound editing: “Hugo.”
Sound mixing: “Hugo.”
Documentary feature: “Undefeated.”
Animated feature film: “Rango.”
Visual effects: “Hugo.”
Original score: “The Artist.”
Original song: “Man or Muppet” from “The Muppets.”
Adapted screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, “The Descendants.”
Original screenplay: Woody Allen, “Midnight in Paris.”
Live action short film: “The Shore.”
Documentary (short subject): “Saving Face.”
Animated short film: “The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.”
So, what did you think? Did you pick the right winners before they were announced? Did you agree with who won? Did you love the show?
A few highlights I noticed:
* Jean Dujardin dropped an "F bomb" in French during his acceptance speech for Best Actor in "The Artist."
* J Lo revealed more about herself during a wardrobe malfunction than we were expecting.
* Sasha Baron dropped Kim Jong Il's ashes on the ground in front of Ryan Seacrest.
* Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy was the first Pakistani to win an Oscar for "Saving Face."
* Angelina Jolie showcased her long, sexy leg in her gorgeous black gown and was later mocked by one of the writers of "The Descendents."
* Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis added some humor and noise to the ceremony.
* Brad Pitt brought his parents to the awards ceremony.
* Billy Crystal wasn't the show's first choice for host. Brett Ratner was asked, but then was dropped for using a homosexual slur.
* Stacy Keibler wore a sleek gold gown that made her look like an Oscar being held by George Clooney.
Glitz, glamour, gowns...what's not to love?
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Trina Boice. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Trina Boice. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Trina Boice for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.