The lime in this recipe brings zip and new life to the standard chicken dish.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 Tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 9 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Mix together the lime juice, wine, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and garlic clove in either a bowl or a resealable bag.
- Add the chicken breasts and cover the bowl or seal the bag.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Place the chicken in an oven proof dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for 30-40 minutes at 350F.
- Remove and serve with the sauce.
Note: This makes a great prep-ahead dish. Assemble all ingredients, including the chicken, in a freezable, resealable bag. Place the chicken in the freezer. When you want to prepare the chicken allow to defrost completely. The chicken will be perfectly marinated.