Who says home cooking has to be difficult? This soup is tasty and easy to make.
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small onion
- 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup dried tortellini
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Dice the carrot, celery, and stalk.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1/2" cubes.
- Place the chicken broth in a soup pot.
- Add the chicken cubes, carrot, celery, onion, pepper, and bay leaf to the broth.
- Cover the pot and bring the broth to a boil.
- Once the broth comes to a boil lower the heat and allow the simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and continue to simmer for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Note: An option is to top the soup with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Other options are to use left over, cooked chicken, or substitute the parsley with cilantro.
Cooking Tip: 1 US cup = 8 US fluid ounces. That means for this recipe you will need 48 ounces of chicken broth. If your can or carton of chicken broth is a few ounces short or over don't worry. The recipe will turn out just fine.