Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
Who says home cooking has to be difficult? This soup is tasty and easy to make.
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small onion
- 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup dried tortellini
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Dice the carrot, celery, and stalk.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1/2" cubes.
- Place the chicken broth in a soup pot.
- Add the chicken cubes, carrot, celery, onion, pepper, and bay leaf to the broth.
- Cover the pot and bring the broth to a boil.
- Once the broth comes to a boil lower the heat and allow the simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and continue to simmer for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Note: An option is to top the soup with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Other options are to use left over, cooked chicken, or substitute the parsley with cilantro.
Cooking Tip: 1 US cup = 8 US fluid ounces. That means for this recipe you will need 48 ounces of chicken broth. If your can or carton of chicken broth is a few ounces short or over don't worry. The recipe will turn out just fine.
You Should Also Read:
Italian Chicken in Red Wine Sauce
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.