Root Beer Float Cookie Recipe
A small scoop is a real timesaver when making these cookies, and they come out much more uniform; alternately they can be dropped onto the baking sheets in the traditional way with two teaspoons. Root beer extract is found in most grocery stores on the spice aisle next to the vanilla. It can also be ordered much cheaper on-line.
6 dozen cookies
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons root beer extract
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar
3-6 tablespoons whipping cream
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons root beer extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line several baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the sugars and butter in the large bowl of a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, and root beer extract.
- Beat the mixture at medium speed until well blended.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets; it’s easiest to use a scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until set and lightly browned on the bottoms.
- Transfer to cooling racks and cool thoroughly.
- Mix the powdered sugar, butter, root beer extract, and enough whipping cream to make a smooth glaze. It should be thick enough that it doesn’t run completely off the cookies, but soft enough that it coats the top.
- Let sit on the racks until the glaze has set.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 88 Calories from Fat 31
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 36% Protein 5% Carb. 60%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 65 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Purchase Zatarain's Root Beer Extract, 4-Ounce Plastic Bottles (Pack of 12) from Amazon
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.