Recipe for Red-Nosed Rudolph Cookies
Kids especially love cookies that resemble their favorite characters, and these easy cookies will be immediately recognized as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by any child familiar with Christmas icons. They’ll love to help with the decorating, and they’ll especially love to eat them. Since they taste as good as they look, adults will like them too, and they’ll make a great addition to a holiday buffet or cookie tray.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
10 tablespoons sugar, (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1 16 oz. can Chocolate frosting
60 miniature pretzels, broken in half
60 red M&M's candies
1 cup white frosting, homemade, from a can, or from a tube, thinned
1 3 oz. tube black decorating gel
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cookies: Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter until it looks like cornmeal.
- In a separate container, whisk the vanilla, sugar, soda, egg, and milk until smooth.
- Gradually add to the flour mixture, stirring until a soft dough is formed (sometimes a little more milk is needed).
- Roll out on a floured board and cut into 12 4" circles.
- Cut each circle into quarters.
- Place each of the quarters on parchment-lined (or greased) baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies until set but not brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove to cooling racks and cool thoroughly.
- Assembly: Frost each cookie with chocolate frosting.
- Press a pretzel half on each side of the rounded part of the cookies.
- Press a red M&M candy on the pointed part of each cookie.
- Place the white frosting into a decorating bag or plastic bag with a small hole cut from the corner.
- Pipe two small circles to resemble eyes.
- Let the white frosting eyes dry, then pipe a black dot in each of the white circles.
- When the frostings are set, stack the cookies carefully in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks; freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 36
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 3% Carb. 61%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 96 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.