Pasta With Spinach And Mushrooms Recipe
A very simple recipe that is still healthy and tasty.
- 1 pound white mushrooms
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until just cooked through. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- Slice the garlic and add to the skillet.
- Lower the heat and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach, tomato sauce, bay leaf, oregano, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until the spinach and tomato sauce is heated through.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta, such as penne, and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: The whole wheat pasta will add extra fiber to this dish and a nice nutty flavor. Whole wheat pasta is a good choice for those with Type II Diabetes. If you don't have whole wheat pasta don't fret, regular pasta will taste just as good.
You Should Also Read:
Butter and Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.