Believe it or not, these beautiful and impressive looking Pumpkin Napoleons are quick and easy to make. Packaged puff paste, while not as good as homemade, is very fast – in this recipe, it doesn’t even need to be rolled out. The filling is made in the microwave in just minutes, so these Napoleons are a snap to make. They are absolutely delicious and no one will guess that they didn’t take hours to prepare; they make a great fall dessert for any occasion.
Since there are dozens of opportunities to serve or bring dessert once the fall season begins, it’s a good idea to try these on family or friends right away for practice; they can be made several hours or even up to a day ahead, so they’re perfect for entertaining. And since pumpkin is traditional for Thanksgiving and Christmas, these make a perfect dessert for those occasions.
17 1/4 ounces frozen puff pastry (2 12 x 12 sheets), or the equivalent of homemade
1 batch Basic Microwave Pumpkin Pudding & Pie Filling, chilled
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk (about)
1 tablespoon softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Thaw the puff pastry and cut each piece into 6 strips.
- Unfold the strips and cut them along the fold lines into 3 pieces each, making 32 pieces about 1 x 3".
- Place the pieces on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets; they can be fairly close together.
- With a fork, poke holes along the surface of each of the pieces.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure you bake them enough, or they will deflate and become soggy when filling is added.
- Cool the pastries thoroughly.
- Glaze: Sift the powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the milk and soft butter until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over 18 of the pastry pieces.
- Spread the pudding over the remaining 18 pastry pieces and top each with one of the glazed pieces.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time, preferable at least an hour.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 104
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 7% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 181 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 4%