Chewy Chocolate Halloween Spiders may look like they are a lot of work, but with Mom's Brownie Mix, they can be put together in a matter of minutes with minimal ingredients. Since they are so quick and easy, you might even consider making them with kids or grandkids; they’ll have lots of fun.
Sweets are traditional at Halloween, and these cookies are perfect for serving just for dessert or at the Halloween BOO-ffet table. These can be served on a cute Halloween tray or packaged in cellophane bags tied with orange and black ribbons. Don’t let the fact that these cookies are cute fool you; these also taste delicious and will be very popular with family and guests.
Chewy Chocolate Spiders
5 1/2 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 16 oz. can Chocolate frosting
Black Licorice Strings
Orange M & M's Candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Mix the cookie ingredients well.
- Scoop the dough into 1" balls and place on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Let the cookies sit 5 minutes, then transfer them to cooling racks.
- When the cookies have cooled, set them upside down and spread each with a small layer of chocolate frosting.
- Cut the black licorice strings with scissors into 3" lengths, allowing 8 pieces for each cookie.
- Place four of the strings on each side of half of the cookies to form the legs of the spider.
- Top each of the cookies with legs with one of the cookies without legs, forming a sandwich cookie.
- Put two small dabs of chocolate frosting on the top of each of the cookies and press an orange M & M Candy onto each of the dabs to form eyes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 67
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 38% Protein 3% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 125 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%