Chewy Chocolate Halloween Spider Recipe
Sweets are traditional at Halloween, and these cookies are perfect for serving just for dessert or at the Halloween BOO-ffet table. These can be served on a cute Halloween tray or packaged in cellophane bags tied with orange and black ribbons. Don’t let the fact that these cookies are cute fool you; these also taste delicious and will be very popular with family and guests.
Chewy Chocolate Spiders
5 1/2 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 16 oz. can Chocolate frosting
Black Licorice Strings
Orange M & M's Candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Mix the cookie ingredients well.
- Scoop the dough into 1" balls and place on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Let the cookies sit 5 minutes, then transfer them to cooling racks.
- When the cookies have cooled, set them upside down and spread each with a small layer of chocolate frosting.
- Cut the black licorice strings with scissors into 3" lengths, allowing 8 pieces for each cookie.
- Place four of the strings on each side of half of the cookies to form the legs of the spider.
- Top each of the cookies with legs with one of the cookies without legs, forming a sandwich cookie.
- Put two small dabs of chocolate frosting on the top of each of the cookies and press an orange M & M Candy onto each of the dabs to form eyes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 67
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 38% Protein 3% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 125 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
You Should Also Read:
Other Halloween Desserts
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.