Beef San Marco Casserole Recipe
This beef dish is delicious and can be easily adapted for your slow cooker.
- 2 pounds eye of round roast
- 1 onion
- 1 16 ounce can Italian tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbs fresh bay leaf, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Cut the roast into 1" pieces.
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a dutch oven heat 2 Tbs olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir well.
- Remove from the stove top.
- Cover the pan and cook in a 300F degree oven for 2 hours.
Note: This dish pairs well with polenta, mashed potatoes, rice, or a simple pasta with butter.
If you would like to cook this in your slow cooker place 2 Tbs of olive oil in the bottom of the slow cooker, then add all the other ingredients. You don't need to cook the onions first. Cook for 4 hours on low.
Slow Cooker Tips:
- Preheat the crock before adding ingredients, or cook on the highest setting for the first hour to prevent bacteria from finding a happy home in your slow cooker.
- Place your meats at the bottom of your slow cooker so they have proper heat exposure.
- Don't over fill your slow cooker. It should be 1/2 to 2/3rds full to have proper food to heat ratio.
- Don't peak! When ever you life the lid of your slow cooker you are decreasing the temperature. It's okay to stir the ingredients, but not too often.
- Because slow cookers mellow out seasonings it is the perfect vehicle for recipes like 40 Garlic Clove Chicken.
You Should Also Read:
Italian Beef Recipes
Italian Beef and Rice Casserole Recipe
Italian Beef Crock-Pot Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.