Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Clear Your Single Life Clutter
There is just something about the warm weather, blooming flowers, and sunny days that make me want to start anew. It is time to make your life clear and fresh with less home-clutter and even less mind-clutter.
Over the years I have discovered that this is the exact same feeling I get when Iím doing something I love, like writing or painting, falling in love, or getting rid of a relationship that seems more toxic than tonic. Clutter can sneak up on you over time, and when you are single and there isnít anyone around to help keep you in check about the amount of stuff filling your rooms, itís easy to find yourself feeling unfocused and unhappy. So, here are a few tips to help you keep a close check on your inner and outer clutter magnet:
1. Let go of out-dated items. If you have lots of clothing that you havenít worn for at least a year, take it to a salvation store. Or, if you have items that can be sold at a consignment shop, take them in too.
2. Get rid of negative people in your life. They are the ones who make a point of bringing you down and never seem to have a nice word of encouragement. Itís time to say good-bye. These kinds of people are like parasites sucking away at your self-esteem and zest. Make it a clean break and donít worry about their well-being Ė they will always find another Ďíhostíí to feed from.
3. Sell those old DVDís and CDís that you no longer listen to or watch. Download the music onto your computer, or compile then onto as few discs as possible. Sell the originals and use the extra cash to buy paint for your new office or bedroom.
4. Get active! Nothing makes you feel greater than the feeling you will have when you find a purpose in life. Finding time to help strangers, family, or friends, will do wonders for your mood. If you have extra time during the week or at weekends, volunteer your time to some lonely shut-ins, or a teenager who is in need of a mentor. If you have a marketable skill and are good with people, hire out your services to companies or schools who may need your expertise. One of the joys of being single is that you donít have to report to anyone but yourself at the end of the day. Moreover, those days can be as full or as relaxed as you deem them.
5. Take up a new language or other interesting hobby. However, always make certain that you have time to follow it through. The purpose of starting out fresh is to make you feel optimistic and hopeful, so you want to verify that you have the time, energy, or money needed to make this a reality instead of something that will cause you more headaches and stress.
6. Open your life to healthy and happy relationships. Donít cling to an old flame. Let them go! Donít hold onto fear either, nothing positive ever happens when you hold on to things you no longer need. Besides, you have lots more adventures ahead of you for the next Ďíspring cleaningíí time.
Whatever you decide to do, make certain that you have fun. The purpose of spring-cleaning is to make room for better things in your life. So, open up those doors, throw out the old, and let the fresh and new back into your life.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Christyann Anderson. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Christyann Anderson. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Christyann Anderson for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.