The Two of Swords is the Tarot Card of the Week for August 24 to 30th, 2008. This card was drawn while mediating on events that are affecting the planet at the beginning of this time period. The Two of Swords speaks of balance, peace of mind, and the resolution of conflict.
The Two of Swords, represents achieving balance between harmony and discord, bringing healing and resolution. This refers to both inner and external conflicts. Whatever the cause of the discord, its resolution brings a true sense of peace and relief to all involved. This card calls to all of us to stay true to our ideals and to have courage. Without this, it will be difficult not to feel like we are being pulled in two directions, simultaneously. The balance is achievable, but one must have their wits about them to take advantage of the situation. If you are feeling undecided about some major decision, it is best to retreat snd reflect before choosing your next action. Avoid spur of the moment decisions made in response to the chaos that may well be swirling around you right now.
EVENTS SHAPING THIS WEEK'S ENERGY
- New Moon joins the Sun in Virgo, August 31st
- John McCain names Sarah Palin as Vice President running mate
- Listeriosis contamination kills eleven Canadians
- Hurricane Gustav approaches southern USA
- Political unrest plagues Thailand
- Intense flooding in parts of India
- Muslim Holy month of Ramadan begins
- INPE reports 69% increase in deforestation in Amazon over past year
- Scientist observes firefly or glow-worm population down by 70%
- I-Witness Video and Democracy Now activists arrested by RNC without cause
- Derby is determined to be the most haunted place in the UK
- Annual mass tomato fight held in Spanish village
- Website owner of critical site, Ingushetiya.ru killed by Russian police
- Dalai Lama hospitalized for abdominal distress
- Italian Prime Minister sanctions $5 billion colonial retribution payment to Libya
This card is sometimes affiliated with the concept of a :"closed heart". This can be a warning NOT to shut down emotionally - to keep your emotions balanced with right thinking and a strong spiritual nature. It can also support you to protect yourself from others who may wish you emotional harm. The key here is to develop discernment and to see through the motivations of others. Again, take time to reflect before you make any rash decisions related to relationships, etc.
If you have been going through this past month or so feeling like you are blind-folded or are avoiding the truth about something important, it is time to open your eyes and take a good hard look around you. Where are you right now, on your life path? Do you have serious business to attend to? Is your destiny being fulfilled? These are the questions to ask yourself this week.