Three Berry Buckle Recipe
Although the most famous buckle is made with blueberries, other berries may also be used; a mixture of berries such as in the following Three-Berry Buckle, is not only attractive, but also delicious. Since blackberries and raspberries are readily available along with blueberries during the summer, it’s the perfect time to make this delicious cake with them.
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh raspberries
1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
1 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray the bottom of a 10" springform pan with non-stick spray; line it with parchment.
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugar; beat in the egg until fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the motor running at low speed, pour in the milk and beat until smooth.
- Carefully fold in the berries and transfer the mixture to the prepared pan; smooth out evenly.
- Mix the topping ingredients until crumbly and spread evenly over the cake.
- Bake 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then loosen the sides and remove to a serving plate.
- Cool an additional 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 100
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 5% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 218 mg
Total Carbohydrate 36 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 15% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.