Basic Sour Cream Poundcake Recipe
Sometimes I bake this cake in a jellyroll pan so I can cut it into tiny squares to use as dippers for a chocolate fountain. It’s also great cut into larger squares topped with ice cream and fudge sauce, or pie filling and whipped cream.
Sour Cream Pound Cake
1 cup salted butter, softened
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup sour cream
3 cups sifted flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- Spray a 12-cup tube or bundt pan with Baker’s Joy or grease and flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar, beating at medium speed until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the extracts.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, folding carefully.
- Pour into the prepared pan bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges and remove the cake from the pan.
- Let cool thoroughly before cutting.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 100
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 38% Protein 5% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 11 g 17%
Saturated Fat 6 g 29%
Cholesterol 77 mg 26%
Sodium 131 mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 37 g 12%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.