Orange Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
Since this delicious cake starts with a mix, it goes together quickly; once a few other simple ingredients are added, the cake takes on the texture and flavor of a made-from-scratch cake. Don't be surprized when this cake becomes an oft requested favorite.
Orange Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 18.25 ounce yellow cake Mix
1 3 oz. package orange gelatin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips, or semi-sweet chocolate chips coarsely chopped in the food processor
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 teaspoon orange extract
Orange zest, for garnish
- Spray a 10" bundt pan with Baker's Joy (alternatively, spray the pan liberally with non-stick spray and sprinkle a tablespoon or two of flour into the pan. Rotate the pan so that flour covers the inside of the pan and dump the excess flour out; set the pan aside).
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the cake mix and gelatin in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a Microplane or fine grater, remove the zest from the oranges; add all but 1 teaspoon of the zest to the cake mixture (save the other half for the frosting).
- Juice the oranges; you should have about 1 cup juice; if you don't have a full cup, add water to make 1 cup.
- Add the juice, vegetable oil, eggs, and orange extract to the cake and gelatin mixture.
- Mix on low speed until combined, scraping the bowl a couple of times.
- Turn the mixer to medium and beat until the batter is smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes; invert cake onto a cooling rack and cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Pour the chocolate chips into a microwaveable container; add the butter and whipping cream.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes or until the butter is melted and the cream is warm; let sit 5 minutes.
- Add the orange extract and the reserved orange zest; whisk until thick and smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the bundt cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Garnish with additional orange peel if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 198
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 5% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 251 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 46% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.