Orange Chocolate Bundt Cake combines the flavors of fresh oranges and dark chocolate to make a decadent cake that stays moist; it’s also pretty enough to serve company.
Since this delicious cake starts with a mix, it goes together quickly; once a few other simple ingredients are added, the cake takes on the texture and flavor of a made-from-scratch cake. Don't be surprized when this cake becomes an oft requested favorite.
Orange Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 18.25 ounce yellow cake Mix
1 3 oz. package orange gelatin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips, or semi-sweet chocolate chips coarsely chopped in the food processor
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 teaspoon orange extract
Orange zest, for garnish
- Spray a 10" bundt pan with Baker's Joy (alternatively, spray the pan liberally with non-stick spray and sprinkle a tablespoon or two of flour into the pan. Rotate the pan so that flour covers the inside of the pan and dump the excess flour out; set the pan aside).
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the cake mix and gelatin in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a Microplane or fine grater, remove the zest from the oranges; add all but 1 teaspoon of the zest to the cake mixture (save the other half for the frosting).
- Juice the oranges; you should have about 1 cup juice; if you don't have a full cup, add water to make 1 cup.
- Add the juice, vegetable oil, eggs, and orange extract to the cake and gelatin mixture.
- Mix on low speed until combined, scraping the bowl a couple of times.
- Turn the mixer to medium and beat until the batter is smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes; invert cake onto a cooling rack and cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Pour the chocolate chips into a microwaveable container; add the butter and whipping cream.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes or until the butter is melted and the cream is warm; let sit 5 minutes.
- Add the orange extract and the reserved orange zest; whisk until thick and smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the bundt cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Garnish with additional orange peel if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 198
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 5% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 251 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 46% Calcium 0% Iron 4%