Long Hair - Cover Girl Curls
This is a complete change from her everyday casual style and does not appear to be straight out of the beauty salon.
- Begin by using shampoo and conditioner that is designed to build body in your hair type. Use smoothing products only if your hair texture is naturally frizzy.
- Apply firm hold styling mousse from the scalp to the ends and blow dry thoroughly.
- A small amount of back combing at the top and crown adds fullness. Back comb only about one half inch of hair at the root area. Spray with hair spray to hold it in place. Smooth the ends so that the back combing is not visible.
- Use a curling iron that is about one inch in diameter to form the curls. Take a large section of hair – about a two inch section.
- Lightly spray the strand with a heat setting spray. The heat from the curling iron will dry the setting spray as you curl it.
- Begin wrapping the hair around the iron close to the scalp. Turn the iron and continue wrapping the hair until you have almost reached the ends.
- For a loose natural looking curl, leave the very end of the strand out of the iron.
- Gently release the curl. Keep manipulation to a minimum to prevent frizziness and flay-away hairs.
- Vary the size of the curls by using two sizes of curling irons. Alternately use a ¾ inch iron and vary the size of the strands of hair that you curl.
This style is attractive because the curls are not perfect. They are of different sizes and thickness. The ends of the curls are loose and not perfectly curled.
- The curls are not all curled in the same direction, instead they are turned in different directions in random order.
- The front of this style is curled away from the face to provide fullness at the sides.
- A small bang section is left perfectly smooth. It is smoothed and shined by pulling a flat iron through it. Lifting the flat iron at the root area will provide a little lift at the top.
- One curl is formed to fall over the top of the straight bang section.
- Finish the style by spraying it with flexible hold hair spray and top is off with a light shine spay.
Perfect Wedding Hair - Ebook
Your wedding day.
Perfect in every way with
"Perfect Wedding Hair" Ebook.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms,
weddings or the office.
Follow these simple instructions
to begin creating them yourself!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Back-combing, Teasing and Ratting
Blow Dry Ideas for Fuller Hair
Creating Waves With Pin Curls
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.