People who enjoy abundance and wealth have learned to nurture the “mindset” of prosperity. A prosperous mindset encourages day-to-day thoughts and actions that foster the attitude of financial success. Prosperity is not only a state of financial well-being, it is also a state of mind.
Here is the Dictionary.com definition of prosperity: a successful, flourishing, or thriving condition, esp. in financial respects; good fortune.
Here are other words associated with prosperity: abundance, accomplishment, benefit, fortune, plenty, prosperousness, riches, success, successfulness, the good life, thriving, wealth, and well-being.
Take a few minutes and answer these two questions:
1. What words, thoughts or feelings come to mind when you think of being financially prosperous?
2. What does prosperity or being prosperous mean to you?
Here is a powerful success truth: You will only allow yourself to succeed financially if you believe you are worthy and deserving of financial success.
Before you go on, let me repeat that statement - You will only allow yourself to succeed financially if you believe you are worthy and deserving of financial success.
In other words, you will only become as prosperous and financially successful as you “believe” you are emotionally and physically worth. The inner perceptions of your financial worth either become a prosperity or poverty mindset. These inner beliefs you have about achieving and enjoying prosperity, will determine your outward financial success and abundance.
Here is another powerful success truth: Your most consistent day-to-day thoughts, emotions and actions about enjoying money will determine how much money you’ll have to enjoy. Yes, it is that simple!
1. What do you believe are the most consistent thoughts, emotions and day-to-day actions of someone who possesses a poverty mindset? Write a few of them down.
2. What do you believe are the most consistent thoughts, emotions and day-to-day actions of someone who possesses a prosperity mindset? Write a few of them down.
You can see for yourself the differences between the mindset of someone steeped in thinking about what can’t be accomplished financially and the mindset of someone who focuses on unlimited financial possibilities.
A prosperous mindset encourages day-to-day thoughts and actions that foster an attitude of financial success.
Here are a few suggestions for cultivating a prosperous mindset:
- Surround yourself with prosperous people - people with the mindset of prosperity.
- Visualize and affirm your ability to enjoy prosperity in all aspects of your life.
- Read or listen to some of the classic books on prosperity consciousness:
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- Acres of Diamonds by Russell H. Conwell
- As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
- Regularly read or listen to wealth development magazines, books and audio programs.
- Attend seminars, classes and workshops on prosperity, abundance and wealth.
- Eliminate any leftover poverty conscious thinking and actions from your life!
Sharon Michaels is beginning a new two month VIP (Very Important Professional) MasterMind Group on September 26, 2009. If you’re ready to go to the next success level in your life and your career, you’ll want to join us. Click here for all the details: Sharon's VIP MasterMind Group
Listen to Sharon's Radio Show - Women Enjoying Success - on BlogTalk Radio for more personal and professional success strategies - available for your listening 24/7