Five Environmental Contests for Kids
1. The International Environmental Children's Drawing Contest: Does you have an artistic kid who's concerned about the environment? This annual contest is hosted by the Japan Quality Assurance Organization and the International Certification Organization Network for children ages 7-15. Children are encouraged to share their vision of how to help the global environment. According to the website, every entrant receives a participation prize and 48 winners will receive special memorabilia. Learn more at childrens-drawing.com/eng/top.htm.
2. Science Without Borders Challenge: This is a yearly art contest that asks students to promote preservation and restoration of the oceans through their entries. The contest is open to international students ages 11-19. There are three levels of prizes of $500, $350 and $200 respectively. Learn more at livingoceansfoundation.org/resources/for-educators/science-without-borders-challenge/.
3. TIME for Kids Photo Contest: In this photo challenge, kids ages 8-13 are asked to enter a photo to represent why earth day is so important. This year's grand prize is a digital camera. Learn about the latest contest at timeforkids.com.
4. Challenge Post: The National Archives sponsors this contest that encourages studies in three age groups to document their environment and how they see it. There are three categories—graphic art, video or poetry. The grand prize is $500. Learn more at documerica.challengepost.com.
5. Frogs are Green Photo Contest: The annual contest is held to encourage young photographers who love the environment to keep the planet green and stable for frogs and toads. Entry info and examples of past winners are located at frogsaregreen.org.
An additional resource for ongoing contests is the Students for the Environment page at the Environmental Protection Agency site at epa.gov/students. Good luck and have fun!
For inspiration, consider the following titles:
Kids Who Are Changing the World
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Picture Book Edition
You Should Also Read:
Science Fair Competitions
Young Voices Foundation Writing Contests
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Trish Deneen. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Trish Deneen. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Trish Deneen for details.