Savory Italian Seafood Casserole Recipe
This is a soufflé like main dish which is great for lunch, supper, or a buffet.
- 3 cups stuffing bread cubes
- 1 4 ounce can chopped clams
- 1 4 ounce can small shrimp
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (or 1/3 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves (or 1/3 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp fresh sage leave, minced (or 1/3 tsp dried)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk to the eggs and mix well.
- Add the stuffing mix to the milk and eggs and stir.
- Add the clams, shrimp, 3 Tbs of olive oil, thyme, rosemary leaves, sage, onion, salt, and pepper to the bowl and stir well.
- Coat a casserole dish with the remaining Tbs of olive oil.
- Pour the bread-seafood mixture into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 425F oven. It should be lightly browned and puffed up. When you insert a toothpick in the center it should come out clean.
Note: This makes a great meal when paired with a salad. This dish can be served hot from the oven. Chill it for a fine summer buffet dish.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.