This is a soufflé like main dish which is great for lunch, supper, or a buffet.
- 3 cups stuffing bread cubes
- 1 4 ounce can chopped clams
- 1 4 ounce can small shrimp
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (or 1/3 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves (or 1/3 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp fresh sage leave, minced (or 1/3 tsp dried)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk to the eggs and mix well.
- Add the stuffing mix to the milk and eggs and stir.
- Add the clams, shrimp, 3 Tbs of olive oil, thyme, rosemary leaves, sage, onion, salt, and pepper to the bowl and stir well.
- Coat a casserole dish with the remaining Tbs of olive oil.
- Pour the bread-seafood mixture into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 425F oven. It should be lightly browned and puffed up. When you insert a toothpick in the center it should come out clean.
Note: This makes a great meal when paired with a salad. This dish can be served hot from the oven. Chill it for a fine summer buffet dish.