Preparing to Open the Envelope
As you can guess, we will need to add three new layers to the Timeline for our new elements. One layer will hold an instance of the EnvFlap movie clip (EnvFlap1_1). Another will hold an instance of the EnvBack2 movie clip (EnvBack2_1) and the third will hold an instance of the new Thumbnail movie clip (Thumbnail1_1) that we will create.
Open your project into Flash CS4R.
- Let's add a new layer to the Timeline for the EnvBack2_1 movie clip. Add a new layer above the EnvBack1_1 layer and call it "EnvBack2_1". Add a new Keyframe to this layer on Frame 91.
- Drag an instance of EnvBack2 movie clip from the Library and place it in the same position as the EnvBack1_1 movie clip. You may want to grab the X and Y positions of the EnvBack1_1 movie clip to get the exact placement. Give it an Instance Name of "EnvBack2_1. Move the Timeline scrubber between frame 90 and 91 to compare the two versions of the envelope. If the EnvBack2_1 is in the same position on the stage as the old EnvBack1_1, you should see no change when you toggle between the frames. Lock this layer.
- Add another layer to the Timeline above the EnvBack2_1 layer and call it "EnvFlap1_1. Add a Keyframe to this layer on Frame 91. Drag an instance of the EnvFlap movie clip onto this layer and place it in position with the envelope back. Move the Timeline scrubber between frame 90 and 91 to compare the two versions of the envelope. If the EnvBack2_1 and EnvFlap1_1 are in the same position on the stage as the old EnvBack1_1, you should see no change when you toggle between the frames. Give this movie clip an Instance Name of "EnvFlap1_1.
- Now we can make the card but we need a new layer. Add a new layer under the EnvBack2_1 layer and name it "Thumbnail1_1". Add a Keyframe to this layer on Frame 91.
- What you will use for the Thumbnail is a small version of the ecard that you are creating. Basically, we will be starting with this thumbnail sized version of the card and, as the envelope falls downward and off the stage, the Thumbnail movie clip will enlarge to full size. When it has reached full size, the ecard animation will begin.
- Making the Thumbnail version can be easily done. Play the ecard animation and grab a screenshot of the first frame of the ecard animation. Go to PhotoshopR and trim the screenshot. Save it as a psd or jpg. Then you will import this image into Flash Library.
- Lock all layers. Save your fla file.
Copyright 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe product screen shot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe, Photoshop, Photoshop Album, Photoshop Elements, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobat, Cue, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, Bridge, After Effects, InCopy, Dreamweaver, Flash, ActionScript, Fireworks, Contribute, Captivate, Flash Catalyst and Flash Paper is/are either [a] registered trademark[s] or a trademark[s] of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.