Guest Author - Chris Curtis
Broderbund's Print Shop Deluxe is one of the most popular home project desk top publishing programs. It's easy to use interface allows you to design your own greeting cards, banners, business cards, posters, calendars, photo collages etc. If you've recently purchased the program and don't know where to start, Broderbund has included a 7 page Getting Started manual to help you work with this new program. It's a good idea to print the manual so that you can follow along with the instructions as you start to build your first project.
The guide does a good job of describing the features and tools before instructing you on how to start a new project using the Project Picker. You can also learn how to use the menus and toolbars from this guide. Follow the guide to the 4 steps for creating a new project, learn about the Design Center Tutorials and Learn by Doing examples built into the program's help features.
• Open the program and cancel the Project Picker by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner of the Project Picker window. Be careful not to click on the program window X. The Project Picker window should be the smaller window in the middle of the computer screen.
• Select Content from the Help Menu.
• Click on the + sign next to the "Getting Started" topic in the content window on the left side of the help dialog box.
• Click on the + sign next to the "Print This Getting Started Guide" topic.
• Click on the “Getting Started Guide” topic. It will then be displayed in the Help window on the right hand side of the help dialog box.
• Click on the Printer Icon on the Help Window Toolbar. This will print a 7 page document with instructions on how to get started using the Print Shop Deluxe program
For new users, the help features in this program are quite informative. Explore other help topics to build your skills in using this inexpensive home desk top publishing program. You kids will love creating their own projects.
(c) Elusive Creations 2002
Visit Broderbund's Expressit Project Center for lots of excellent project ideas.
Amazon user reviews on this product are mixed. People who have purchased this program apparently have had difficulties working with or installing the program. I have owned several versions of the program. The programs installed without difficulties and I find it an easy program to use. I can only attest to my own experience, so you will have to decide for yourself.
Here is a link to 30 reviews on the product at Epinions that might help you make a decision.
Epinions Print Shop Deluxe
Print Shop Deluxe 15
Print Shop Deluxe for Dummies