Shrimp and Veggie Soup Recipe
Thankfully, this “Shrimp and Veggie Soup" recipe is wonderful at multitasking. Whether it’ simmering on the stove or cooking away in your crock pot, you can focus on other activities, without resorting to another pizza delivery night.
This soup is also a great method to causally present other ways of enjoying shrimp (for kids that love shrimp), with the addition of some delicious vegetables. If your child isn’t a shrimp lover, you can substitute chicken as well. Making one batch on the weekend will leave you plenty of servings throughout the week (as a side or main dish).
- 12 large peeled and cooked shrimp
- 4 to 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 small shallots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cups (roughly, doesn’t have to be exact) of diced cabbage
- 1 48 ounce box of chicken stock
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- Spray a large pot or pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Peel and slice the carrots and shallots.
- Dice the celery stalks.
- Add the carrots, shallots, and celery to the pot.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot.
- Simmer on low heat for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat, and add the shrimp.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, minus the shrimp or chicken.
- Cook on low for four to six hours, or until cooked through.
- Add cooked shrimp or chicken to the slow cooker during the last five
minutes of cooking.
- Substitute cooked, diced chicken breast in lace of shrimp if desired.
- This recipe is freezer friendly. However, do not re-freeze shrimp that has
been previously frozen. It's best to purchase a fresh batch of shrimp, or use diced cooked chicken instead.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Brandii Lacey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Brandii Lacey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kymberly A. Morgan for details.