Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Chicken Fajitas recipe
Ingredients For Fajitas:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 small green bell pepper
1 small red bell pepper
1 small onion
2 tablespoons Grape Seed oil
1 package corn tortillas (preferably whole wheat)
*If your children do not like bell peppers, substitute them with 2 carrots (sliced the long way, the size of a green bean), 1 cup raw green beans, asparagus, or even sliced broccoli. Cherry tomatoes and zucchini are great choices too! Be sure to add cherry tomatoes and/or zucchini last; otherwise they will turn soggy and mushy.
Ingredients For Fajita Marinade:
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon ground dark California Chili Powder (this is not a hot spice)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced or crushed (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Grape Seed oil
1) Slice chicken breasts into thin strips, about 1/2 inch wide and 4 inches long. Place strips into a good quality Ziploc-type baggie.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, 1 tablespoon Grape Seed Oil, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and cilantro. Whisk until combined, and pour over chicken strips in baggie. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is best.
3) After chicken has marinated, let it sit at room temp for 1 hour prior to cooking. While chicken is coming to room temp, slice your bell peppers and onions (or alternate veggies) into strips about the same size as chicken strips. Set aside.
4) After chicken strips have been brought to room temperature, drain the strips in a colander, but do not rinse. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat on the stove top for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon Grape Seed oil to skillet. Allow oil heat for 1 minute, then add the drained chicken strips to it.
5) Stir-fry the chicken strips until lightly browned and juices run clear, about 7-9 minutes total. Check a piece of chicken to make sure it is no longer pink in the middle. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
6) In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Grape Seed oil over medium heat for one minute. Add bell peppers and onions. Stir fry over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on personal texture preference- 6 minutes for crunchy veggies, 8 minutes or longer for softer veggies.
7) While veggies are cooking, heat a small skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add a corn tortilla to the skillet, one at a time, heating the tortilla for about 40 seconds per side, turning once. After both sides have been warmed in skillet, transfer to a small plate and cover with a paper towel.
8) When veggies are at desired texture, add chicken back into pan and toss with veggies. Stir fry for one minute. Turn off heat. Serve over a heated or lightly browned corn tortilla.
1 cup Fajita Mix with Chicken= 1 serving.
2 corn tortillas= 1 serving.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2018 by Kymberly A. Morgan. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kymberly A. Morgan. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Kymberly A. Morgan for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.