Guest Author - Dean Ingalls
Eye Glasses, Everyone knows about them! Approximately 60% of the U. S. population wears some form of glasses. A large percentage of people discover around age 40 small print becomes difficult to read. Presbyopia (farsightedness) occurs due to aging. Most Optometrist recommends an eye exam every two years unless other conditions require frequent exams. Several pairs of glasses may be required during the life span of a person. Parents of children who wear glasses understand the issue. Before losing my vision, I wore glasses. I understand how frustrating it can be when you lose a pair, break a pair or wear out a pair of glasses. Going through the process of replacing a pair of glasses requires time and effort. Finding the right frames, a reliable optical company and a reasonable price are all issues for consideration when purchasing glasses. One possibility worth checking out is ordering glasses online. In today’s technological age the task of replacing glasses is conveniently accomplished online and in most cases cheaper than the local optical store.
What are the advantages of buying glasses online?
1. Price – you can do comparison shopping, taking the time to find the most affordable and highest quality glasses.
2. Larger selection of frames – better chance you will find the perfect pair of glasses.
3. Convenience – order while sitting at your kitchen table.
4. Shopper does not have to deal with sales pressure from store employees. You make the decisions.
What issues need consideration before ordering glasses online?
1. Buyer must be responsible for very important measurements. Glasses work best when the center of the lens aligns with the center of the pupils of each eye. The pupil distance (distance from center pupil left eye to center pupil right eye) and the temple (distance from temple to ear) distance are two measurements necessary to assure glasses fit well. Ordering online puts the responsibility of obtaining correct measurements on the buyer. You should know your lens prescription and frame measurements for properly fitting glasses before ordering. The information appears on your prescription or is obtainable by calling your optometrists. A copy of the prescription faxed to the online company helps ensure your glasses are correct.
2. Shopper is unable to handle frames before buying the glasses. The weight of the glasses is unknown and some issues can arise from thicker heavier lenses. Companies offer a virtual mirror assisting with choosing frames.
3. Returning an item purchased online is not as simple as returning the item to a physical location.
4. In some cases, insurance may not cover online purchases. Check your options before ordering.
5. When purchasing online the buyer makes the decisions without an optometrist or eye care associate assisting. Companies offer online options for help.
6. Multifocal lens present a challenge. Precise measurements can be difficult online. You will need to fax the prescription with measurements to the online company.
If you locate a good online optical company, ordering glasses online is cheaper, safe, secure and easy.
**Get help and information for choosing an online optical company by reading the article titled; “GlassesUSA Company Review.”