Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
7 Easy Way to Get Exericise IN
With the change of weather, now is the time to start your blood moving. Those winter blahs can be banished with a few easy and extra ways to keep your blood sugar down. Here are a few ways to incorporate some much needed exercise and healthful tips to brighten your day.
1. Park a bit further away from where you normally park. Yes you heard it a lot, but it will help. Now you donít have to park a half a mile or even more, but just a few stalls from where you normally park. Yes those few extra steps will count!
2. Take the stairs. Yes you donít have to take them up, you can take them down!! Believe it or not you burn more calories then going down and you donít have to do it everyday. It will take time to get used to it so donít over do it!
3. Walk at lunch. Again, it doesnít have to be a mile right away. You can start slow by walking around your parking lot. One lap and then increase, pretty soon, youíll like it and miss it.
4. Stretch your legs under your desk. This is great because no one can see it. Do some stealthy scissors and move those ankles around. While youíre stretching your legs, be sure to stretch your arms over your head. Reach for the sky and see how much better youíll feel.
5. No email! Youíve heard of no email Fridays. Well hereís a sneaky way to get exercise. Instead of sending an email, walk to that personís desk. Yeah it may take some time but youíll have gotten from your desk and added a few more steps to your routine, besides you might get to know that person a little better.
6. Donít use the shopping cart. If you have a few items to pick up at the grocery store, use the baskets and then walk the perimeter of the store before you go shopping. Now if you donít have time to walk the whole store walk from one end to other. One extra minute and you have moved some muscle.
7. Walk the shopping center. Ever go to the strip mall for something. Will walk from one end to the other, before or after you go shopping. It a few small steps and hey, you might discover a new store you never knew was there.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Cindy Kimura. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cindy Kimura. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cindy Kimura for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.