Neapolitan Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecakes aren’t difficult to prepare, and can be made ahead. They freeze well, and are actually much easier to cut if partially frozen. I generally include crust only on the bottom of my cheesecakes; it save lots of time (it takes forever to press crumbs up the sides of a pan since they seem to fall down and it’s almost impossible to make them even) and most people scrape the filling from the side crust and leave it on their plate, anyway.
Just a side note: if you don't have a food processor, you may use a mixer. It takes longer to get the batter smooth, but will still result in a perfect cheesecake.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup strawberry jam
1 teaspoon red food color
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
1 small piece of chocolate to grate over the whipped cream
8 fresh strawberries with fresh looking leaves, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 or 10” springform pan with non-stick spray; line it with a piece of parchment or waxed paper, then spray again.
- In processor mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Leave 1/3 of the mixture (about 2 cups) in the food processor, and divide the remaining 2/3 of the mixture into 2 bowls.
- Process the 2 tablespoons sugar and cocoa into the mixture in the food processor until smooth.
- Stir the jam and food coloring into one of the bowls of batter.
- Stir the vanilla into the remaining bowl of batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the three mixtures alternately over the baked crust, then take a knife and swirl slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 60 minutes or until set.
- Chill before removing from pans; freezing makes it easier to cut into perfect uniform pieces.
- To serve, top each wedge with whipped cream; grate some chocolate over the top (a Microplane is easiest, but a fine grater works well too), and add a fresh strawberry half either on top of the whipped cream or on the side of the plate.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 217
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 7% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 104 mg
Sodium 258 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 8%
You Should Also Read:
Other Cheesecake Recipes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.