Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Cool Summer Writing Prompts
Whether you are homeschooling throughout the summer, or looking for a writing refresher, you will need some interesting and cool writing prompts. Here is a list of ideas to get your children's creativity going:
1. Research a food you love, or one you have never eaten. Be sure to ask a parent for assistance if you are using the internet for gleaning information. Print out the food research report form below and fill in your answers.
2. Draw an ice cream cone with three large scoops on it. Write a report on a short story, with the beginning, middle and end on each of the scoops. Color the scoops in lightly after you write your report, or go over the pencil in marker. Be creative and have fun with this!
3. Imagine you are invited to a camp with the characters from your favorite tv show. Who would you bunk with for the summer? What activities would you do with your cartoon or sitcom "friends"? Would you bring any friends or family along?
4. The Summer Olympics is an awesome tradition of sports and competition. If you could participate in the summer Olympics which sport would you choose to compete in, and why?
5. Imagine that your summer weather is cold and snowy. How would this effect your summer plans and activities? Would you like it?
6. List a summer activity to represent every letter in the alphabet. For example, I- Ice Cream or S- Swimming
7. Write and perform a puppet show dialogue depicting a summer party among friends. Assign characters and have a summer themed storyline.
8. Create a cartoon of your pet or favorite animal swimming in a pool during the hot summer months. Ask a parent for help with captions and dialogue bubbles if you need to.
9. You have just won $1000 for a family vacation. Where will you take your family? Why? What will you do at this destination?
10. Write a menu for your family summer barbeque. Be sure to make copies for everyone who will attend, and feel free to add colorful pictures to the menu, too.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Alissa Moy. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Alissa Moy. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Alissa Moy for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.