No need to heat the kitchen for this decadent dessert; Slow Cooker Berry Pudding is done on the counter in a slow cooker; itís quick and easy. Just stir together a few basic ingredients in a bowl Ė no mixer needed. Once thatís spread on the bottom of the slow cooker, fresh berries are mixed with a little sugar and spread over the top. Pour a cup of hot water over, put on the lid and wait a couple of hours- thatís it!
Itís okay to use other types of berries in this pudding or vary the amounts; itís a good idea, however, to avoid strawberries since they donít do well when cooked. As the pudding cooks, it makes its own sauce to spoon over the moist pudding; whipped cream or ice cream make it even better.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups blackberries
1 cup blueberries
3/4 cup raspberries
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup hottest tap water
- Spray the inside of a medium (3-4 quart) slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Batter: Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add the butter and press with a spoon to incorporate it into the flour mixture.
- Stir in the milk until well mixed. The mixture will be very thick.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of the prepared slow cooker crock.
- Filling: Mix the berries with the 2/3 cup sugar and lemon juice. Spread the mixture evenly over the batter.
- Pour the hot water over all; do not stir.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook 2-2 1/2 hours or until the batter is cooked through.
- To serve, scoop the pudding onto serving dishes and spoon the sauce that accumulates at the bottom over the top.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 47
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 18% Protein 4% Carb. 78%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 242 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 29 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 21% Calcium 0% Iron 3%